What is SVG
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an Extensible Markup Language (XML)-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics with support for interactivity and animation. The SVG specification is an open standard developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) since 1999.
SVG images and their behaviors are defined in XML text files. This means that they can be searched, indexed, scripted, and compressed. As XML files, SVG images can be created and edited with any text editor, as well as with drawing software.source: Wikipedia
What is SVG Minify Tool?
SVG Minify is a tool provided by Coder's Toolbox Online to minify and optimize your svg code. It removes unnecessary spaces, attributes and tags. By using this tool it will also provide you links that you can use in your image tag.
How to use the tool?
Using the tool just doing as copy and paste.
- Copy your SVG
- Paste the copied SVG code to Paste SVG Markup field
- Now Click the , this will copy the content.
There are 4 output of the tool. Each of them has there own purposes.
- Minified svg code is the minified code of the svg. Only use this for inline svg.
- Minified svg code with xmlns is the minified code of the svg. The menify code has xmlns, use this if you wan to use it as external svg code, e.g. putting it in to other file as image. Also this format can be use for inline svg.
- Base64 data uri is a base64 of the minified code that can be use as src in img tag.
- Data uri is the minified code that can be use as src in img tag. Using this is more less size in bytes compare to the base64 data uri.
- Coder's Toolbox link is a compress link that can be use as src in img tag. Using this is more less size in bytes compare to data uri.